Students Demand “Sanctuary” From Immigration Laws, Student Loan Debt, And Finals
LIBTARDs, this is the height of absurdity!
- Students at George Washington University, site of a recent walkout to demand a “sanctuary campus” to protect illegal immigrant students, say they favor defiance of other federal laws, too.
- Several students said they would like to make the campus a “sanctuary” from student loan debt, while others favored exemptions from underage drinking laws.
- Some students even felt they should be given a pass on final exams due to the stress of the election, explaining that “it’s really hard to focus on your studies when there’s so much else going on.”
- Students across the country are asking for their schools to be “sanctuary campuses” for undocumented students, meaning university administrators would ignore federal immigration law and refuse to share information about undocumented students with immigration officials.Several schools have already declared themselves sanctuary campuses, including Portland State University, Reed College, and Columbia University.
- To find out more about what motivates students to support the sanctuary campus movement, Campus Reform visited George Washington University, where many students participated in a pro-sanctuary walk-out several weeks ago.
- CONTINUE READING